If you don’t knw the asnwer; you are not alone.
Designing the relationship between you and your business is one of the most overlooked steps in the business startup process. It is also the most critical.
Without an effective business design, the planning process won’t work. Simply put, you can’t plan for a company you don’t understand. The business design process creates understanding. It creates purpose, mission, vision and clarity. This gives you a way to focus your energies as an owner. It also creates a way for your current or future employees to guide their actions.
There are four key elements to a successful business design:
- An objective
- A service
- An organization
- Defined roles for each member in the organization
The Business Design Program details:
The design process is broken into four phases. Each phase is designed to interconnect – creating a strong foundation for your business.
Intended outcomes (phases 1-4):
- Phase 1:
- A Primary Strategic Objective For the Company
- A System for evaluating new services
- A point of reference for all future business activity
- A clear articulation of the OWNER’S relationship to the BUSINESS
- Phase 2:
- Three (3) clearly defined service offerings (minimum)
- A definition of what success looks like for each offering
- Support requirements for each offering
- Phase 3:
- Basic process diagrams for each service
- Clear role articulation for each service
- An organization chart
- An outline of company standards
- Pase 4:
- Contracts for each position in the company
- A definition for each position of what success looks like in that position
- Phase 5 (not included):
- The work of phase 5 migrates into a more consultative approach. Work in the phase 5 domain is often best addressed as a special project.
Your ultimate success will be determined by your commitment to this process. For the e-mail course, this means: We can send you the email, but you have to complete the exercises. For the face-to-face mastermind sessions and teleconference delivery this means: If you don’t show up, you won’t get the value. In either case – like a gym membership, we can show you the exercises, but you have to perform them.
Contact Us to get started!